Curriculum and Instruction, Master of Education (M.Ed.)
Students have the option of pursuing certification or non-certification tracks.
Beyond the successful completion of courses, students must demonstrate high standards of scholarship and the ability to engage in independent research. Students must either write and defend a research thesis, complete a seminar paper (non-thesis option) or a professional portfolio--requirement varies by specialization. Your faculty advisor will help you develop a program of study that is consistent with Departmental and University guidelines.
1. Elementary: 36 credits required
2. Middle School: 38 credits required
3. Secondary English: 36 credits required
4. Secondary Social Studies: 36 credits required
5. Secondary Mathematics: 36 credits required
6. Secondary Sciences: 36 credits required
7. PreK-12 Art: 36 credits required
8. PreK-12 World Languages: 36 credits required
9. PreK-12 Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL): 39 credits required
10. PreK-12 Physical Education: 42 credits required
11. PreK-12 Dance: 42 credits required
12. TESOL with K-12 Certification (on-campus): 39 credits
13. Reading Education with Reading Specialist certification: 30 credits required
14. World Languages: 36 credits required
15. Creative Initiatives in Teacher Education: 37 credits required
16. Secondary Computer Science: 42 credits required
All of the non-certification tracks require 30 credits.