Data Science and Analytics (MPDA)
Graduate Degree Program
College: Computer, Mathematical, and Natural Sciences
The MPS in Data Science and Analytics provides an education in the theory and practice of data science including mathematical and statistical foundations, computational approaches, and communication considerations. In addition, the program covers data science-relevant probability and statistics, algorithms, big data systems, machine learning, data mining, and analysis of networks. Students who successfully complete the MPS in Data Science and Analytics should be able to design, conduct, interpret and communicate data analysis tasks and studies using methods and tools of statistics, machine learning, computer science, and communications. The program is offered through the Science Academy in the College of Computer, Mathematical, and Natural Sciences.
The MPS in Data Science and Analytics is a 30-credit graduate program designed to for working professionals. Instruction is provided by UMD faculty and experts in the field. The program features on campus instructional delivery at the UMD College Park campus.
College of Computer, Mathematical, and Natural Sciences
3400 A.V. Williams
8223 Paint Branch Drive
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742
- Statement of Purpose
- TOEFL/IELTS/PTE (international graduate students)
- Letter of Recommendation (1 optional)
- Description of Research/Work Experience
- Prior Coursework: Prior coursework establishing quantitative ability (i.e. calculus, linear algebra, basic statistics etc.).
- Proficiency in programming languages: Proficiency in programming languages, demonstrated either through prior programming coursework or substantial software development experience.
|Type of Applicant||Fall Deadline||Spring Deadline|
|US Citizens and Permanent Residents||June 14, 2024||N/A|
|F (student) or J (exchange visitor) visas; A,E,G,H,I and L visas and immigrants||March 15, 2024||N/A|