Environmental Health Sciences (ENVH)
Graduate Degree Program
Students in the M.S. program in Environmental Health Sciences at the Maryland Institute for Applied Environmental Health (MIAEH) in the School of Public Health will complete an essential core of knowledge in environmental health, epidemiology and biostatistics, in addition to a laboratory rotation, an ethics course, and a seminar course.
Students in the Ph.D. program in Environmental Health Sciences at MIAEH in the School of Public Health will master an essential core of knowledge in environmental and occupational health, epidemiology and biostatistics. Elective courses and rotations with faculty field studies and laboratories will offer students the knowledge and skills needed to specialize within the broader area of environmental health and become independent researchers.
Paul Turner, Ph.D.
Graduate Programs Director
School of Public Health
Maryland Institute for Applied Environmental Health
2351 SPH Building
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742
PART 1. SOPHAS APPLICATION
- Complete the online SOPHAS application.
- Choose the University of Maryland College Park School of Public Health program to which you would like to apply.
- You may apply to only one UMD SPH program per application cycle.
- You must send an official transcript for all completed college courses. These transcripts go directly to SOPHAS.
- We require 3 letters of recommendation. Your references will receive an email invite from SOPHAS to complete the recommendation online.
- Test scores. GRE and English proficiency (IELTS and TOEFL) scores must be sent to 5688 & 5814.
- Pay the SOPHAS application fee.
- Your SOPHAS application will go through several phases including submission, completion and verification. Verification can take up to four weeks, therefore we recommend starting the application early.
PART 2: UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION
- The supplemental application is completed online via an emailed invitation from the UMD graduate school.
- The invite is sent within one week of your SOPHAS verification date to the email on file with SOPHAS.
- The title of the email is ‘please complete the school of public health supplemental application.’
- This application requires demographic and residency questions, transcript, and application fee.
- You must submit a PDF copy of your undergraduate degree transcript (the transcript that indicates degree awarded).
- The application fee is $75.00
- Upon completion of BOTH parts, you will receive notification of ‘Under Committee Review’, which means the application has been sent to the review committee.
For more information, please visit the School of Public Health website.
|Type of Applicant||Fall Deadline|
|US Citizens and Permanent Residents||M.S. priority admission: 13 Dec|
|M.S. final admission: 10 April|
|Ph.D. priority admission: 15 Nov|
|Ph.D. final admission: 14 Feb|
|F (student) or J (exchange visitor) visas; A,E,G,H,I and L visas and immigrants||M.S. priority admission: 13 Dec|
|M.S. final admission: 14 Feb|