Graduate Degree Program
Maryland’s elite Ph.D. in Journalism Studies prepares scholars for next-generation research in the key issues confronting journalism in the 21st century.
- The program features small classes and a high level of collaboration with professors. Work focuses on the analysis of journalism practice and ethics, media history, gender and media, international media, as well as in emerging technology and the audience.
- With an emphasis on helping journalists translate career experience into research expertise, the program is highly successful at placing its doctoral graduates into teaching and research posts in higher education.
Ronald Yaros, Ph.D.
Director of Ph.D. Program in Journalism Studies
3207 John S and James L Knight Hall
7765 Alumni Drive
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742
- Statement of Purpose
- TOEFL/IELTS/PTE (international graduate students)
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Writing Sample (academic work; optional)
|Type of Applicant||Fall Deadline|
|US Citizens and Permanent Residents||1 Feb|
|F (student) or J (exchange visitor) visas; A, E, G, H, I and L visas and immigrants||1 Feb|
Other Deadlines: Please visit the program website at http://www.merrill.umd.edu