Product Management (online) (MPCI)
Graduate Degree Program
College: A. James Clark School of Engineering
The online Master of Professional Studies (MPS) in Product Management enables learners to build the knowledge, competencies, and relationships to lead the product life cycle from discovery to delivery by:
- Understanding the keys to successfully navigating the roles and responsibilities of being a product manager to champion change with internal and external collaborators and influencers.
- Learning how to truly know your target customer, your customer’s underserved needs, your value proposition, your product feature set, and your user experience, then integrate this knowledge into product and market requirements and positioning plans.
- Translating product ideas into tangible assets by creating wireframes, 3D renderings, prototypes, and minimum viable products (MVPs) to test assumptions and validate customer interests.
- Developing techniques for designing and modeling for fast feedback and idea sharing, system optimization with open architectures, validating functions and verifying performance, and leveraging and enabling the system designs, platforms, and ecosystems.
- Embracing modern product leadership to form and motivate product teams, and grow organizations that can both discover and deliver products at scale.
The MPS in Product Management is exclusively designed as a 100% online program without any face-to-face or residency requirements. Students benefit from the global accessibility and time flexibility of fully online learning without the requirement of meeting in a certain place, or at a certain time, on a regular basis. While there is a set syllabus and learning agenda for each week, the recorded lectures may be viewed by students at any time of their choosing each week.
The 30-credit curriculum is completed on a 15-month schedule. Students enroll in two 3-credit courses per 12-week term.
Maryland Technology Enterprise Institute
4467 Technology Dr.
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742
Program Website: mppm.umd.edu
- Statement of Purpose
- TOEFL/IELTS/PTE ( Select International Graduate Students)
- There are no requirements for the GMAT, GRE, or recommendations.
*Visa Eligibility: This program is not eligible for I-20 or DS-2019 issuance by the University of Maryland.
Admitted students participate 100% as online students. Immigration documents (F1 or J1 student visas or an I-20) are not required or issued for this fully online program. In addition to the above minimum qualifications, international students and applicants with foreign credentials have additional requirements per the Office of International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS).
|Type of Applicant||Fall Deadline||Spring Deadline|
|US Citizens and Permanent Residents||July 28, 2023||January 31, 2023|
|F (student) or J (exchange visitor) visas; A,E,G,H,I and L visas and immigrants||July 28, 2023||January 31, 2023|
RESOURCES AND LINKS:
Program Website: mppm.umd.edu
Application Process: www.gradschool.umd.edu/admissions