Graduate Degree Program
The University of Maryland’s journalism school offers all the resources of a top-ranked public research institution located minutes away from Washington, D.C., Annapolis and Baltimore. Its unmatched access to internships in one of the nation’s top media markets and opportunities to learn from the pros working in today’s multimedia newsrooms make the Philip Merrill College of Journalism a training ground like no other. Our students are fearless and #MerrillMade.
Serap Rada, Ph.D.
Philip Merrill College of Journalism
7765 Alumni Dr.
College Park, MD 20742
- Statement of Purpose
- TOEFL/IELTS/PTE (international graduate students)
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE): Applicants with a master's degree from an accredited U.S. university are exempt from this requirement.
- Portfolio (Multimedia Requirements section) (optional)
- 3 Writing Samples: Writing samples uploaded to the Upload Requirements section of the application – under Writing Sample, Supplementary Application One, and Supplementary Application Two.
For more admissions information or to apply to the program, please visit our Graduate School website: www.gradschool.umd.edu/admissions
|Type of Applicant||Fall Deadline|
|US Citizens and Permanent Residents||Early Decision: 15 Dec / Final: 1 Feb|
|F (student) or J (exchange visitor) visas; A, E, G, H, I and L visas and immigrants||Early Decision: 15 Dec / Final: 1 Feb|
Other Deadlines: Please visit the program website at http://www.merrill.umd.edu