Dining Services at the University of Maryland is one of the largest independent, self-supported university dining programs in the country. In addition to three resident dining halls we operate eighteen cafés, seven brand-name quick-service locations, a restaurant, and five convenience shops on the College Park campus. Our operations include athletic concessions, meeting deliveries, and full-service catering.
- Two dining halls, The Diner and South Campus Dining Hall, open at 7:00 am Monday to Friday, 10:00 am Saturday and Sunday. These dining halls serve dinner until midnight Sunday to Thursday, and until 10:00 pm on Friday and Saturday.
- A third dining hall, 251 North, is open Sunday to Friday 11:00 am to 8:30 pm.
- Popular franchises clustered in food courts, and cafés tucked in academic buildings have hours that coordinate with the schedules of students, faculty and staff using those facilities.
- Mulligan’s Grill and Pub in the Golf Course Clubhouse serves lunch and dinner.
- Convenience shops in resident communities are open long hours (the 24 Shop, in the Denton Community, is open around the clock!).
For a complete list of locations, hours, menus, and detailed information about our program visit dining.umd.edu.
Resident Anytime Dining Plans
All University of Maryland Resident Dining Plans offer unlimited seven-day dining hall access. Plan members can come in to any dining hall any time we’re open and choose anything we’re serving. You can return any number of times, any day of the week, all semester long. Plan members enter using touchless biometrics; guests enter using a dining plan guest pass, Terrapin Express, cash, or credit.
The three dining halls feature over 42 culinary stations serving hearty breakfasts, classic lunch and dinner entrées with fresh sides, self-serve salad bars and specially-assembled salads, build-your-own pasta, stuffed-to-order burritos, hot and cold wraps and sandwiches, and rotisserie meats with healthy homemade side dishes. Students will find internationally themed shops, smoothie stations, bakeries, vegan stations, and Mongolian grills.Students who live in traditional, on-campus resident halls select one of four Seven-Day Resident Dining Plans:
Come to a dining hall for meals, come back between meals for snacks, stop by late at night for a bedtime treat, meet up with friends to study or socialize – we are your campus table; make yourself at home in the dining halls.
- Base – Anytime Dining + 2 Guest Passes
- Base Plus – Anytime Dining + 4 Guest Passes + 200 Dining Dollars
- Preferred – Anytime Dining + 6 Guest Passes + 300 Dining Dollars
- Premium – Anytime Dining + 8 Guest Passes + 400 Dining Dollars
Guest Passes can be used to bring an occasional guest into the dining halls. Resident students can buy additional discounted guest passes from our office in the South Campus Dining Hall. Alternately, guests are always welcome at the door using Terrapin Express, cash, or credit.
While your Anytime Dining Plan gives you unlimited access to three dining halls, we know that sometimes you’d like a change of pace:
Dining Dollars on your UMD ID card give you the chance to stop in at a variety of campus locations. Bring Dining Dollars to campus convenience shops to get snacks for your room, school supplies and toiletries. Swing by any of the cafés on campus for a fresh grab-n-go sandwich, salad, sushi, or Starbucks! Check out the seven brand-name franchises in the Stamp Student Union and Martin Engineering that accept Dining Dollars. Look for the Dining Dollars logo near the register.
Dining Dollars save you money. While Dining Dollars spend just like cash, you get a significant discount when you buy them as part of your Seven-Day Anytime Dining Plan and there’s no tax on the sale when you use them. We recommend the Preferred Plan – 300 Dining Dollars to use around campus all semester. That’s about 15 to 20 Dining Dollars a week!
Optional Dining Plans
We are pleased to welcome students, faculty, staff and guests to every dining hall, restaurant, shop and café on campus! Members of the campus community can become members of the dining plan program in several ways:
- NEW THIS FALL – Connector Dining Plans! Purchase blocks of 50 to 150 dining hall experiences at a significant discount. Ensure that you have some great on-campus meals and enjoy easy access to fresh, nutritious food.
- Five-Day and Seven-Day Anytime Dining Plans. The Five-Day Plan provides unlimited access to dining halls Monday mornings through Friday evenings. The Seven-Day Plan provides unlimited access from move-in until the last day of finals.
- Blocks of Dining Dollars - accepted at all permanent Dining Services locations. When you purchase Dining Dollars, you get a discount! They spend like cash and there is no tax on the sale when you use Dining Dollars.
- And remember, we accept cash, credit and Terrapin Express at all locations.
1109 South Campus Dining Hall
Terrapin Express is a prepaid debit account: money you set aside to use at over 50 locations across campus including the University Book Center and University Health Center. Cashiers, copiers, printers and washing machines use your UMD ID card to access account information. To activate your account, call the office or visit the website listed above. Funds roll over from semester to semester; additional funds can be added at any time. For details and a complete listing of participating locations go to terrapinexpress.umd.edu.