Agricultural Science and Technology Minor
Agricultural Science & Technology (AGST)
2139 Plant Sciences Building
Contact us for more information:
Dr. Bill Phillips, Assistant Clinical Professor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Diana Cochran, Assistant Clinical Professor, email@example.com
Diana Cortez, Academic Advisor and Lecturer, firstname.lastname@example.org
This minor will provide students with an appreciation and understanding of sustainable agricultural crop production. The core courses provide students with a basic foundation in plant science while supporting courses allow students to broaden their focus in different areas of agriculture. Students can select their courses in either agronomy or environmental horticulture.
|Introduction to Horticulture|
and Introduction to Horticulture Laboratory
| Introductory Crop Science|
and Introductory Crop Science Laboratory
|ENST200||Fundamentals of Soil Science||4|
|PLSC201||Plant Structure and Function||4|
|or PLSC460||Application of Knowledge in Plant Sciences|
|Advanced Crop Science|
|Principles of Plant Pathology|
|Technology of Fruit and Vegetable Production|
|Insect Pests of Ornamentals and Turf|
|Biology of Insects|
- All courses presented for the minor must be passed with a grade of "C-" or better.
- All courses presented for the minor must be taken at the University of Maryland, College Park.
- Students may use a maximum of six credits or two courses to satisfy the requirements of both a major and a minor.
- The Department of Plant Science and Landscape Architecture has mandatory advising for each of its major and minor programs. Students are required to meet with their advisor at least twice a year.
- Students matriculating to this minor will need MATH113 or higher and CHEM131/132 as prerequisites