Jewish Studies Minor
Program Director: Hayim Lapin, Ph.D.
The Minor in Jewish Studies offers a broad overview of the principal aspects of Jewish Studies as a field. Students are encouraged to take courses in a variety of areas through a combination of required fields and general electives.
To make an appointment to explore or declare a minor, go to www.arhu.umd.edu/academics/undergraduate-studies/minors
15 credits are to be distributed as follows:
|Thought, Religion, or Culture||3|
- A minimum of 9 credits must be at the 3xx or 4xx-level.
- All credits must be earned with a grade of "C-" or above.
- An overall GPA of 2.0 in the minor is required for graduation.
- A list of qualifying courses in each category is available from the Director of the Jewish Studies program.
- Up to 3 credits of 1xx or 2xx-level Hebrew or Yiddish language study may be credited toward the minor. In exceptional cases, students may petition to have other languages included.
- Students enrolled in the Jewish Studies Major are not eligible to enroll in the minor.
- At least 6 credits of 3xx or 4xx-level credit must be taken at the University of Maryland.
- No more than 6 credits may be taken at an institution other than Maryland.
- In keeping with University policy, no more than 6 credits may also be applied to a major.