Veteran Student Life
Veteran Student Life (VSL) serves to build and maintain a community of veteran and military-connected students, staff, faculty, and alumni at the University of Maryland that collectively supports the transition from military life to civilian college. Together, the community provides opportunities for development along the 8 Dimensions of Wellness throughout the UMD experience empowering students to develop a renewed sense of purpose and significance during and after their time at the University of Maryland.
Overview of what is offered through Veteran Student Life:
- Veteran-centered campus events and programs
- Veterans Week events and service at Memorial Chapel in November - View Events
- Support for TerpVets Student Organization - Join the TerpVets Facebook Group
- STEM Tutoring for military-connected students - Request a Tutor and Apply to be a Tutor
- Ammerman Student Veteran Professional Development Fund - Apply
- Veterans Crisis Fund - Apply
- Advocacy for veteran issues on campus
- Exclusive veteran resources and opportunities
- Veterans-specific New Student Orientation in Fall and Spring
- Veteran-focused career and networking events - Join the Terrapin Military Network's LinkedIn Group
- Battle Buddy Peer Mentorship Program
- Veteran-specific scholarships - Application Info
- Pat Tillman Partnered Institution - Application Info
- Credit-bearing university transition courses
Maryland is one of 15 Centers of Excellence for Veteran Student Success in the nation and received a generous grant through the Fund for the Improvement of Postsecondary Education (FIPSE) to further address the academic, financial, physical and social needs of student Veterans on campus through the U.S. Department of Education.
For more information about programming or overall Veteran Student Life at the University of Maryland, please contact the VSL team at email@example.com and visit their website at veterans.umd.edu.
In addition to support and programming, Veteran Student Life offers a Veterans Center, which is available exclusively for UMD veterans and military-connected students located in Cole Field House (Room 1112), thanks to a generous donation from Board of Trustee member and former Secretary of the Navy Gordon England.
This center includes:
- Free Printing
- Free Coffee
- Study Lounge
- Conference Room
- Video Conferencing
If you are a current student veteran or military-connected student that does yet have access to the Vet Center, please go to stamp.umd.edu/vetcenter.