The Universities at Shady Grove
USG Executive Director and Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, USM:
Anne Khademian, Ph.D.
The Universities at Shady Grove (USG) is part of the University System of Maryland and a partner campus of nine Maryland universities that collaborate to offer their top degree programs, as well as certificate and continuing education programs, at one convenient location in Montgomery County. USG currently serves nearly 4,000 graduate and undergraduate students.
With coursework beginning at the junior level, USG provides all the prestige and benefits of a Maryland education during a student's final two years of undergraduate study. Most credit earned at Maryland community colleges will transfer, and students can choose from a variety of majors, with classes offered at times that meet their schedules. At the Universities at Shady Grove campus, students work closely with professors from nationally ranked academic programs. Everything you need to be successful as a student can be found on USG's campus, including advising, financial aid assistance, career and internship opportunities, academic support, a library, fitness center, and cafe. Students can also take advantage of a growing number of social events, community service activities and student leadership opportunities.
The University of Maryland, College Park is one of the powerful partners that make up USG. Students can earn a University of Maryland, College Park degree at USG and celebrate Terrapin traditions no matter which campus they call home.
The University of Maryland, the Universities at Shady Grove, and Montgomery College have worked together to offer the Terp Transfer Partnership, which benefits students while they are still enrolled at Montgomery College and creates a seamless pathway to one of the University of Maryland programs offered at the Universities at Shady Grove. Students with at least one semester left at Montgomery College gain early access to advising, workshops, and events related to their University of Maryland program of interest at Shady Grove through the Terp Transfer Partnership program.
The University of Maryland, College Park offers ten undergraduate degrees at Shady Grove.
- Accounting, B.S.
- Biocomputational Engineering, B.S.
- Biological Sciences, B.S.
- Communication, B.A.
- Criminology and Criminal Justice, B.A.
- Embedded Systems and Internet of Things, B.S.
- Information Sciences, B.S.
- Management with Specialization in Entrepreneurship, B.S.
- Marketing, B.S.
- Public Health Science, B.S.
- Accounting at Shady Grove
- Biocomputational Engineering at Shady Grove
- Biological Sciences at Shady Grove
- Communication at Shady Grove
- Criminology and Criminal Justice Major at Shady Grove
- Embedded Systems and Internet of Things at Shady Grove
- Information Science Major at Shady Grove
- Management at Shady Grove
- Marketing at Shady Grove
- Public Health Science at Shady Grove