Adele H. Stamp Student Union - Center for Campus Life
Adele H. Stamp Student Union
The Adele H. Stamp Student Union - Center for Campus Life is the heart of UMD. More than 17,000 students, faculty, staff members, and campus guests visit STAMP daily to take advantage of its services, programs, and facilities. Our mission is to create and sustain a student-centered environment that promotes academic success and personal development; serves as a safe and inviting campus center; and is characterized by a strong commitment to multiculturalism, excellence, and a positive work environment.
STAMP offers lounge and study areas, a variety of information services, recreation and leisure activities, leadership development programs, multicultural involvement and community advocacy programs, arts and entertainment, food and retail outlets (including the official University Book Center), and reservable space for numerous educational events, conferences, and more. The building's total square footage is more than 300,000 square feet.
Adele H. Stamp Student Union - Center for Campus Life Hours
STAMP is open Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to midnight; Friday, 7 a.m. to 1:30 a.m.; Saturday, 8 a.m. to 1:30 a.m., and Sunday, 11 a.m. to midnight during the academic year with modified hours during the summer and university breaks. For more information, see http://thestamp.umd.edu/.
- Leadership and Community Service-Learning
- Engagement and Activities
- Multicultural Involvement and Community Advocacy
- Memorial Chapel and Interfaith Programs
Studio A and STAMP Gallery
- Studio A, a non-credit art center offering art, dance, music and creative classes, events, and workshops for self-expression and self-development or visit http://thestamp.umd.edu/StudioA
- STAMP Gallery, located on the first floor, 301-314-ARTS or visit http://thestamp.umd.edu/Stamp_Gallery
Food and Retail Outlets
- Branch bank and ATM (ground floor), with six other ATMs located on campus
- Copy Services (first floor), offering printing and copying, 301-405-2679
- University Book Center (on two floors: ground and basement level), 301-314-BOOK
- Food Services:
- Chick-Fil-A (301-314-6568),
- Coffee Bar (301-314-CAFE),
- Hibachi San Japanese Grill (301-405-7620),
- Maryland Dairy (301-405-1415),
- McDonald's (301-314-1489),
- Moby Dick (301-405-6531),
- Panda Express (301-314-6111),
- Qdoba (301-314-6569),
- Saladworks (301-314-0947),
- Sbarros (301-314-4105),
- Subway (301-266-7827)
- The UPS Store, a full-service postal and packaging facility, 301-314-9982
- Ticket Office, offering campus performance tickets, 301-314-TKTS
- Union Shop, featuring snacks, sodas, and sundries, 301-314-7467
- Information Center located on the first floor, 301-314-DESK or visit http://thestamp.umd.edu/event_guest_services/information_desk
- Bulletin boards located throughout the building
Recreation and Leisure
TerpZone, including full-service bowling lanes, "Cosmic Bowling", billiard tables, video games, and three big-screen TVs, 301-314-BOWL or visit http://thestamp.umd.edu/TerpZone.
STAMP offers meeting rooms that accommodate groups from 8 to 1,000 people. For reservations, or catering information, contact the Event and Guest Services Office, 301-314-8488 or visit http://thestamp.umd.edu/event_guest_services.
- Student Entertainment Events (SEE), is the principle student programming board responsible for a student-directed program board responsible for producing and supporting events that entertain, enhance, and inspire a diverse campus culture, 301-314-8359 or visit http://see.umd.edu/.
- Graduate Student Government, 301-314-8630
- Student Government Association, 301-314-8329