Germanic Language, Literature and Culture Minor
School of Languages, Literatures, and Cultures (SLLC)
This minor will provide students with an in-depth understanding of German Language and Literature as a source of Culture. Building on these essentials, students can concentrate on Language, Literature, Culture, or a combination of these fields. This will be accomplished by taking 5 courses beyond GERM203 or its equivalent. Students will determine, in close consultation with the German undergraduate advisor, how to constitute their own concentration.
To make an appointment to explore or declare a minor, go to www.arhu.umd.edu/undergraduate/academics/minors
15 credits - 5 courses beyond GERM203 or its equivalent
- Courses taught in German beyond GERM203 or its equivalent
- 3 of these 5 courses (9 hours) must be 3xx or 4xx level: one language, one literature, and one culture
- Prerequisites: GERM103 and GERM203 are required, or their equivalents as determined through departmental advising
- All courses must be passed with a grade of "C-" or higher.
- An overall GPA of 2.0 in the minor is required for graduation.